Translate

domingo, 21 de octubre de 2012

the flight


Hola amigos!

a lot of luggage haha
Before we’re going to write about all our experiences in Spain, we want to tell you something about how the travelling to Spain was. It’s already been more than a month ago, but still we would like to share this adventure with you.

The day before the big journey began we were sooo nervous! I think I slept for about 3 hours that night. Such a shame the alarm clock already rang at 5 in the morning. Since we live in the east of the Netherlands, we still had to travel for about 2 hours to get to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam.
goodbye mom


Once we came there, everything got on fine. We were there on time and there was luckily not a long queue for the check-in counter. But then there suddenly was a problem with the suitcases. The travelling agency said to us we could bring a total of 56 kilo, but then the lady from the counter suddenly said we could only bring 30 kilo, very weird. First she said we had to lose all the luggage above the 30 kilo, but that was definitely not possible since I was already struggling with the 56 kilo the night before. But thank God, after some phone calls she was prepared to make an exception for us. So luckily we could just bring all our belongings to Spain! After this suitcase disaster it was finally time to say goodbye to our parents, not a nice moment of course, but we just had to go.




up in the air!


After that the real adventure finally began! Our first flight was to Barcelona and the second one from Barcelona to Oviedo. All the flights were fine and in Barcelona we decided to immediately act like real Spaniards, so we ate 2 very big lunches ;)

The arrival was so much fun, I immediately saw everyone standing there with very cute signs saying: ‘Welcome Roos!’ and ‘Welcome Marieke!’. Everyone was very welcoming and so nice to us! The first time I was sitting in the car with my host family felt a bit weird of course, since I never met them before that day. But that awkward feeling disappeared so fast, since they were so nice to me. The ride to Oviedo was very good and I fell in love with all the mountains. The landscape is so different from the Netherlands!

So this is how our big adventure began, continue reading our blog to read about our experiences and differences between Spain and Holland :)

Hasta Luego, 
Roos


arrival :) 



7 comentarios:

  1. -Iván 3ºA: It was a very nice trip except the problem with the weight of the suitcase.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Elena Fernandez Ortiz25 de octubre de 2012, 7:06

    I hope you enjoy learning Spanish in our high School and I hope you like Asturias as I do . I think that you are going to make lots of friends here and I hope you like Spanish food . Best wishes. Elena Fdez Ortiz 3ºESO A .

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Enol 3ºA: Did you like spanish food? What was your first impression of Mieres?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. David 3ºA:Welcome to Spain and enjoy it all that you can.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Karolina Szatanik 2ºBCTA:
    Hi girls!
    I hope you like Spain, especially Asturias.
    It's cool that we'll talk about holland, and this for me is very interesting because I'm going there this year and I would like to know much about your country.

    A big hug :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thankyou for all the very nice comments! My first impressions of Mieres was very good, and it hasn't changed. I really like the atmosphere and the people here :) The food is also very good, I love churros! And Karolina if you have more questions about Holland, you can always come to us, so nice you are going there :) xxxx Roos

    ResponderEliminar
  7. María Pintueles (2ºBCTA)
    Hello! I hope you like Asturias! What cities did you visit?
    I would like travelling to Holland, it has to be very beautiful!

    ResponderEliminar